Turkey Meatloaf with Nong's Sauce Glaze
A Thanksgiving inspired meatloaf recipe with a twist. This dish might not be traditional, but we guarantee you'll be back for seconds.
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 4 tbsp Nong's Sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup carrot, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 1 cup leek, small dice
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup each minced garlic and fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped cilantro, scallions, parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup + 1 cup Nong's Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey and Nong's sauce, mix, and let sit while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Sauté the carrots celery, leeks, mushrooms, onion, ginger, and garlic with 4 tbsp butter over med-high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool then add to the bowl with turkey.
- Add the herbs, eggs, breadcrumbs, sea salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly until just combined.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with sesame oil, then fill the loaf pan with meatloaf mix.
- Cook in oven covered at 350F for 45 minutes, then uncover, turn heat up to 375F and cook for 15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160F.
- While that's cooking mix the additional Nong's sauce with ketchup and simmer in a saucepan over med-low heat for 10-15 minutes until it just starts to bubble.
- After resting the meatloaf for at least 15 minutes. Turn it out onto a serving dish, top it with the glaze, then slice and serve with more glaze!