Thai Beef Salad
Inspired by Yum Nua, this Thai beef salad combines fresh of green and herbs with a bit of heat and savory skirt steak.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bottle Nong's Khao Man Gai Sauce
- 1lb Skirt Steak
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp scallion, sliced thin on the bias
- 1 serrano or thai chile, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp Thai basil
- Marinate skirt steak with half of the Nong's Sauce for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- Grill skirt steak over high heat until done to your liking. Rest for 10 minutes, then thinly slice against the grain (1/8" thick or less).
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl along with the other half of the Nong's Sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Add the sliced beef and mix again, then let sit for at least 10 min.
- Serve in shallow bowls and garnish with extra fresh herbs.