Stir-Fried Japanese Eggplant with Jimmy Nardello Peppers
A little sweet, a bit spicy, and all around tasty - we love this simple eggplant side dish!
Makes 2-4 servings
- 2 tbsp high heat oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup Nong's Khao Man Gai Sauce
- 4 cups Japanese eggplant, peeled and sliced into either 1/2" cubes or "spears"
- 2 tbsp scallions, sliced
- 1-2 Jimmy Nardello (or other mild red pepper) sliced into rings
- sliced Thai chiles to taste (optional)
- Heat a heavy bottomed saute pan or cast iron over med-high heat.
- Add in your oil, and once it is shimmering and close to smoking add the eggplant and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add red peppers, garlic, and ginger and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in Nong's sauce, stir to incorporate thoroughly, and saute for 1-2 more mins until the sauce has reduced and coating the vegetables evenly.
- Garnish with scallions (and Thai chiles, as desired) and serve immediately.