Nong's Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
If you're looking for a healthy, vegan alternative to a classic steak, look no further! These marinated cauliflower steaks are a unique way to enjoy this otherwise simple vegetable - and they couldn't be easier to make.
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bottle of Nong's Khao Man Gai Sauce
- Scallions, fresh dill, and/or cilantro to garnish
- Slice the cauliflower into "steaks" about 3/4" thick.
- Place the cauliflower in a rimmed baking sheet or baking dish.
- Pour the Nong's sauce over top of cauliflower steaks, then flip steaks to coat evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Remove cauliflower from marinade (saving the marinade for later) and grill over med-high heat on both sides until tender - about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, reduce the marinade over med-high heat in a small saucepan until reduced by half, then set aside.
- Plate the cauliflower, pour the reduced marinade over the top, and garnish with fresh herbs as desired.