Roasted Quail with Nong's Glaze
This recipe is delightfully simple to make and will wow your tastebuds. You'll just need 7 ingredients and a bottle of Nong's sauce.
- 1 bottle of Nong's sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 quail per person
- Sea salt
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Whisk ingredients together in a small sauce pan, and reduce the mixture by half (over med-high heat). Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 475/500°F. While the oven is preheating, take the quail out of the fridge and pat them dry.
- Coat quail with olive oil or butter and salt generously.
- Set aside at room temperature while the oven heats.
- When the oven is hot, get a small roasting pan or cast-iron frying pan and set the quail in it. Try to prevent the quail from touching each other to speed the cooking process.
- Roast the quail in the middle of the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the heat to high broil.
- While it's heating, baste the quail thoroughly with the reduced Nong's glaze.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- When you take the quail out of the oven, place on a cutting board and rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to brush glaze on birds one more time before serving.