Nong's Braised Tofu
Don't skip this quick, healthy, and delicious vegan dish! This crispy, tangy tofu will have you coming back for seconds. You may just want to double the recipe up front...
- 1 14-oz. block firm or extra-firm tofu, drained, sliced into 4 thin rectangles
- 3/4 cup Nong's Sauce (divided in half)
- 1/2 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. high heat oil
- Sea salt
- Jasmine Rice (for serving) cooked the way you like it
- Season your tofu slices with sea salt and let sit for 10 mins.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or cast iron over med-high heat. Let it get nice and hot, then add your high heat oil and let it start to shimmer.
- Gently place your tofu steaks in the pan. Cook undisturbed until that side is golden brown, about 5 mins. Turn and cook undisturbed for another 5 mins.
- Turn over once more, reduce the heat to medium, and add the Nong's Sauce. Simmer for another 5 mins, basting if you can during the process.
- Serve the tofu over rice, and garnish with scallions and more Nong's Sauce if needed.